Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thoughts and Condolences on Today


Wow it has been a long time since I posted, but I was so busy trying to get all my things ready for school that I never had any time. Finally, I have time again. And I have a lot to say.
First, I would like to send my condolences to the families of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I honestly cannot believe it. I remember when I was a little girl and saw Charlie's Angels for the first time. I loved the idea of women solving crime and being able to protect themselves and the other people around them. This might have had some influence in my love of Eve Dallas and I remember how Farrah Fawcett looked in the opening credit and her beautiful luminous grin. She will truly be missed.
Talking about Michael Jackson's influence in my life would honestly take several posts. I am a person who is dance challenged. I defy all stereotypes that say I should be able to dance. This did not stop me from trying to moon dance when I was in middle school. Disastrous. Absolutely disastrous. Does anybody remember that episode of Seinfeld when Elaine was dancing. Ok, now switch Elaine's image with an overweight Black preteen and you get the picture.
Even though I can't dance his music (which I am listening to right now) called me. I don't think I ever met a MJ song that I didn't like and I sang mama say mama sa mama mama coo sa without ever knowing the meaning at the top of my voice. And I still do. He was an icon, a legend.





Whatever demons that infected his personal life were never allowed to spill into his music. And at the risk of being a computer chair pyscologist, it was probably in his music that he was really free. RIP MJ.

0 comments:

Flores e Flowers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP